Re: [SLE] Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:01:55 +0200
Care to share a model number, since the one you bought is known to work?

It's the "Logitech USB Headset 250" It works perfectly. I have to
admit I was pleasantly surprised when I plugged it into the USB port
and idscovered it worked immediately. I didn't have to start YAST and
add it as a new device or anything... simply worked as soon as I
plugged it in.

As a caveat... controlling the volume is a challenge I've yet to solve
to my satisfaction. The default settings are acceptable...

If I can, I'd like to avoid rearranging plugs every time I use Skype.

That's been my biggest beef with using Skype as my main phone :-) Once I got teh USB headset though... problems solved :-) No more
futzing around with scrambling to swap over the speakers with the
headset.

C.

< Previous Next >