Re: [SLE] Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 22:57:33 +0700
On Thursday 11 May 2006 21:42, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 10:33, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> > Done and now to the Skype pages for the finetuning. Will report. But
> > running Skype in the console I still get /dev/dsp-1
>
> Did the card seem to be configured correctly? Are your sounds working as
> you expect them to? Is YaST showing only one 'card' installed and is it the
> correct one? Have you moved ~/.Skype to ~/.oldskype and launched Skype
> again?

Carl,

The card was configured correctly. My sounds are working as expected. The card
is correctlt shown in Yast. I have moved the old /.skype to a temp direvtory.
Seemed a better solution as renaming them.
I have deleted in Yast Skype and installed a fresh, new Skype again. Ran Skype
in console and get the same info as before. Still /dev/dsp-1
Think it is now the time to symlink dsp-1 to dsp. Could you give me the
command line for that. Can do it in midnight commander but never seem to be
able to get it right there.