Re: [SLE] Versions of jre (Java Runtime Environment)
  • From: John D Lamb <J.D.Lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 07:19:32 +0100
Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
I discovered that my system has three different versions of the Java Runtime Environment: 1.4.2., 1.5.0, and a second 1.5.0 that apparently came directly from Sun (but still in the form of an rpm). Is it a problem to have multiple versions around? And if so, which one should I keep? (Yast doesn't object to having all three.)
Keep all three. You should can use (as root) update-alternatives to choose between the two RPM-installed versions.

--
JDL