Re: [SLE] Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:34:54 -0400
On Friday 12 May 2006 13:21, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> Carl,
> Back again and in the startblocks for a new attack on my system.
> Did exactly as you proposed to do and end up with the usual info.
>
> The content from the alsa configuration is as follows:
> Starting alsaconf: Fri May 12 21:35:00 WIT 2006
> sb16 isapnp=0
> sb8 dma8=1 irq=5
> sb8 dma8=3 irq=5
> Starting alsaconf: Fri May 12 21:36:05 WIT 2006
>
> Again /dev/dsp and dsp1.

Constant,

Did I screw up and confuse your system with another system I'm
'troubleshooting'? I don't recall picking up on a second sound card/chip. If
the motherboard has built-in sound that isn't disabled in the BIOS, the
installer will pick up both digital signal processors and generate a dsp and
dsp1 :-/

Are you using the on-board sound?

Can you send me a .pdf of the mainboard manual... or a link?

Carl

< Previous Next >