Re: [opensuse] SUSE 10.1 download GOLD Master
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:41:06 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2006-05-10 at 20:28 +0200, houghi wrote:

> I only have 28K max upload. Download is always relative to upload. I asume
> that if I were able to get higher upload, download would be higher as
> well.
>
> However if I use anything higher (40K being the theoretical max) speed
> goes down.

If you set the upload speed at maximum, you get in fact lower download
speed because you can not send your ACKs fast enough. You have got to
lower it a bit.

Also, about your comment about bittorrent being slow sometimes, its because
it is a "collaborative" server. It is only fast when there are many people
collaborating (and seeding as they go). So, it takes some time before
it gathers speed, and once the big wave passes, it will slow again.

The problem I have with it is that it invariably crashes my ADSL router
after a few hours.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson