Problem with GRUB
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:35:50 +0000
Hi everyone. Any ideas how I can sort out a GRUB problem? I have
just loaded up SuSE 10 on a PC. However, after installation and
reboot (in readiness for passwords to entered etc) I get Error 18.
Now, I understand this to be to do with limits being exceeded on the
hard drive. I thought this was only supposed to happen with drives of
about 8gb on older PC's? This is an oldish PC but not that old. It
is running a Pentium 3 of around 800 or 900mhz with 128mb of RAM (this
is to be increased to around 750mb) The hard drive is a lowly 6.4gb.

Any ideas? I have run system repair from the DVD by the way but it
still comes up with Error 18
Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay