Re: [SLE] Menu font for Firefox
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:43:13 +0000 (UTC)
Kevanf1 wrote:

> On 11/11/05, Paul W. Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On my (KDE) desktop, the Firefox browser shows up with a tiny font for the
> > top-line menu (File, Edit, View, etc.) The control for that font appears to
> > be neither in Firefox itself nor in the KDE control center. I'm guessing
> > that it's somewhere in the X configuration. Can anyone tell me how to make
> > that font bigger (or to change it to a different font)?

> This isn't specific to SuSE, Paul. It happens to me with SuSE 10 and
> also Kubuntu. The 'good' (?) news is that it has been flagged up on
> here a week or two ago. I am currently trying to find exactly which
> config line it is that needs tweaking. I'm 99% sure it is
> configurable through the <about:config> utility that is accessed by
> typing that very URL into Firefox. I'm currently trying to find the
> time to trawl through the Firefox Hacks book. As soon as I get an
> answer I will certainly post it up here.

There is no such about:config entry. Read up here (Mozilla there means
any of Mozilla Suite, SeaMonkey, Firefox & Thunderbird):
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/dpi.html

If you know anything about CSS, and unless you've used user CSS in your
FF profile to override, you'll find that the Firefox main menu fonts
will match any web page text to which this style is applied: {font:
menu}. That style is used on
http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/Font/fonts-menu-comp-ff.html and
http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/Font/fonts-system.html if you care to
see it in action.
--
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/

< Previous Next >