Re: [opensuse] Packages from a user and Packager perspective
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:44:46 +0200
Hi,

On Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 13:28:38, Andreas Simon wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 September 2005 13:02, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> > No need for yet another bugtracking system. We already have a bugzilla
> > up dont we? :)
>
> Yes, but is Novell willing to use this for all the contributer's packages? We
> will see. For example Ubuntu's bugzilla is only for their supported main
> packages. Other packages (their universe and multiverse repositories) have a
> seperate bug-tracking system, they don't allow them in their main bugzilla.

I dont see a reason why we wouldnt allow that. (NOTE: im not involved with
decisions about bugzilla in any way)

> > You are showing the classical reflex when it comes to this topic ;) You
> > immediately invent a "inner circle" of people that decide whats good and
> > whats bad. I understand that, that is my first reflex too. But thinking
> > about it, that approach has a lot of disadvantages.
>
> Yes it's the standard way of many projects. If there's an other way were it is
> still possible to maintain a high quality, well then even better. :-)

Thats exactly what we should try to find out together! Is there an
other way were it is still possible to maintain a high quality?

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, Subsystems
"Rules change. The Game remains the same."

< Previous Next >