Re: [SLE] FireFox broken, is SuSE Pro becoming a test bed like Fedora?
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:01:24 -0400
On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 14:48 -0700, Preston Crawford wrote:

> I started this thread initially to ask if others were experiencing this
> problem with Firefox and if it was fixable. I made the mistake of also
> positing that this was part of a larger trend, which in turn caused people
> to turn the flamethrowers on. I apologize for that. But I still don't get
> the response.
>
> Preston

Regarding the problem with Firefox and other packages after the update
using YOU...

I also had a little problem in that I had to re-create the launch bar
icon as the original one would not work. Once I did that (on two
systems) I have had no further problems. This is on 9.2, one still at
KDE 3.3 and one with KDE updated to 3.4.

<opinion>
It may be that SuSE/Novell is going to push the NLD platform for
stability and start making SuSE pro more of a test bed product and make
it more bleeding edge. This will certainly piss off a few people myself
included as I have to rely on the stability of SuSE linux not only at
home but also in the workplace before I retired.
I have noticed more frequent updates of late and was floored with the
upgrade of Firefox to 1.0.3 from 1.0.1. I have never before seen a
product version upgrade like this on SuSE before. The package had the
security fixes back ported to the currently running version. I may be
way off here but that is how I see it.
</opinion>

--
Ken Schneider