Re: [SLE] upgrade conflict on .png files?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:05:45 +0200
On Sunday 03 October 2004 11:01, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op zondag 3 oktober 2004 06:42, schreef elefino:
> > After doing
> > apt-get update
> > and then
> > apt-get upgrade
> > I get this message:
> > "file /opt/kde3/share/apps/kdm/pics/users/BeachBall.png from install of
> > kdebase3-kdm-3.3.0-15 conflicts with file from package kdeutils3-3.2.1-61
> > Error while running transaction."
> >
> > I don't get it. How can a little picture file "conflict" with anything?
> > What's to conflict about a picture file?
> > There were two other such "conflicts", Butterfly.png and Flower.png.
> >
> > Could someone explain, in small words please? I could understand missing
> > or corrupted... but a portable network graphics drawing of a beachball
> > conflicts with. . . well, what can a picture conflict with?
> >
> > Kevin
>
> http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/faq.html#q40

Please ignore the advise given in that link. People are far to quick to
--force the issue

Look at the kdeutils3 version. For some reason apt wants to upgrade kdm to
version 3.3, but keep kdeutils3 at 3.2.1. In between those two versions, the
packager decided to move that picture from kdeutils to kdm.

The correct solution is to somehow get apt to upgrade kdetils3 along with kdm.
Usually, kde packages need to be upgraded in unison