Re: [SLE] 9.0 to 9.1 --wvdial stopped working
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:25:40 +0200
On Monday, 11 October 2004 20.17, Xaos Katawin wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I recently upgraded to 9.1 and wvdial stopped working from the
> terminal. I can still connect with qinternet. Below is what I get
> when I try to run wvdial from a terminal. I can't figure out why
> wvdial is looking for www.suse.de

It says. It tries to look up the IP address for www.suse.de to check if DNS is
working, and it apparently isn't.

Everything in the wvdial log looks like it's working, except for the fact that
it can't look up the IP for www.suse.de. Does anything work after it's
connected? Does it set up a correct route (check with route -n)? Does it
enter the DNS servers correctly in /etc/resolv.conf? Does the output from
"ifconfig" look ok?