Re: [SLE] new v9.2 is out
  • From: Ben Higginbottom <b.higginbottom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:46:44 +0100 (BST)

John wrote regarding 'Re: [SLE] new v9.2 is out' on Fri, Oct 15 at 01:42:
> I've often thought that getting a gcc-based setup on linux for
> programming pic (or Atmel's AVR) chips directly would be so much
> better, but I've never had the time to do the research and pull
> everything together. (Yes Novell, that's a hint.) Do you have a
> working setup? If so, I'd like to hear about it.

I've done a few projects with AVR and I find them much superior to PIC's; modern core, one assembly language and plenty of features. GCC was ported a while back and plenty of linux based dev tools can be found here:

http://www.openavr.org/

AVRFreaks is also a great resource which saved me several times when I was a R&D Engineer.

Regards,

Ben