Re: [SLE] 9.1 Yast Online Kernel Update HANGS on ASUS A7N8X-E
  • From: Hartmut Meyer <hartmut.meyer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:04:50 +0200
Hi,

On Saturday 31 July 2004 06:20, johnswolter@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The 9.1 Yast Online Update intoduces a kernel boot HANG
> inside /etc/init.d/boot.localfs at about line 114 with
> sync. The man pages say sync flushes the disk buffers. The
> lines nearby are...
>
> 113: fi
> 114: sync
> 115: test $FSCK_RETURN -gt 0 && touch...
> 116: fi

And what kind of error message do you get?

> I tried loading all the updates except the kernel update
> and everything worked. When I did the final SUSE Yast
> Online kernel update, the boot stopped at sync. After this
> point in boot.localfs the filesystems are to be mounted for
> use. Of course it never gets there.
>
> Could this be a kernel problem or a kernel update setup
> problem or both? SUSE are you listening?

By default, no. This list is not an interface to either support or
development.

If you want help from SUSE support, send an e-mail (including your 14 digit
registration code) to support@xxxxxxx and describe the problem.

You may also want to report this issue to our developers:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2001/10/bugreport.html

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut
< Previous Next >