Re: [SLE] "... not enough memory to load all data" during HTTP installation of SUSE on Dell Lat CPIa
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 03:07:01 +0200
On Monday 26 July 2004 15:27, J.N. SUsE Lists wrote:
> ( 6G drive, 258M-500M swap partition(s) )
>
> "There is not enough memory to load all data; To continue, activate
> some swap space."
>
> ( It appears to recognize the 258M swap space, because then it has me
> choose hda1 )
>
> And then: "Error activating swap space."

Install the package autoyast2, and have a look at:

/usr/share/doc/packages/autoyast2/html/info_file_format.html

Right before the table there's an alinea saying the key=value pairs can also
be used at the boot prompt. You probably need the AddSwap key.

I'm not sure if the swap partition needs preparation. Try without, and if that
fails, try with.

Cheers,

Leen

< Previous Next >