Re: [SLE] CD Ripping Problems
  • From: ti@xxxxxxx (Ti Kan)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:26:39 -0700 (PDT)
Bryce Hardy writes:
> I'm trying to rip tracks from the CD to the hard drive and then
> convert them to ogg files, which it doesn't seem to be able to do.

Use xmcd, which can rip CDs directly to Ogg Vorbis (as well as many
other formats). I am the author so please forgive me for tooting the
horn :).

The xmcd that comes with SuSE 9.1 is out of date, and they made some
changes that I don't quite grok. Anyway, I strongly recommend that
you download the latest version from the official xmcd site:
http://www.amb.org/xmcd/

Pre compiled binaries for Linux and a number of other Unix platforms
are available (.tar.gz format only, no RPMs). You don't need to
de-install the existing xmcd if you have it, just follow the instructions
and install the new one and it will update itself.

-Ti