Re: [SLE] CD Ripping Problems
  • From: ti@xxxxxxx (Ti Kan)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:40:49 -0700 (PDT)
Ti Kan writes:
> Erik Jakobsen writes:
> > Ti Kan wrote:
> > >Pre compiled binaries for Linux and a number of other Unix platforms
> > >are available (.tar.gz format only, no RPMs). You don't need to
> > >de-install the existing xmcd if you have it, just follow the instructions
> > >and install the new one and it will update itself.
> >
> > What version should be downloaded for SuSE 9.1 ?.
>
> http://www.amb.org/xmcd -> Downloads
>
> Select the Linux libc6 x86 precompiled kit, and follow the instructions
> shown to install.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, if you want to be able to rip CDs to
MP3, you need to have "lame" on your system. Similarly, if you
want to rip to AAC or MP4 formats, then you need "faac". SuSE 9.1
comes with lame, but not faac, but the xmcd download page provide
links to where you can download it. Xmcd has built-in capability
to rip to Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and raw PCM formats without
additional software. If you have a fast enough CD drive and CPU, then
you can even listen to the music as you rip.

-Ti