Re: [SLE] How do I make a pound sign?
  • From: Bill Wisse <wiswp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:02:43 -0700
On Wednesday 07 July 2004 18:49, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 July 2004 16.41, Bill Wisse wrote:

> > > Shift 3 gives you the "#", not the pound sign,
> >
> > Uh, isn't that the international sign for Pound?
>
> No, it is the US sign for Pound

Well, I guess one is never to old to learn, I didn't know that.
I always thought that when they mentioned "Pound", it referred to the English
Pound ( money)

> http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutsymbols/hashsymbol?view=uk
>
> > Like the alternative for the Umlaut, for example in in the German
> > language.
>
> alternative for umlaut???

What I mean is, if you don't have the Umlaut sign on your keyboard, you use
for example oe instead of o (with an umlaut).

greetings

/bill

< Previous Next >