2 questions about SuSE 9.1
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:36:03 +1000
Does anyone know why in v9.1:

(a) the 3rd and 4th lines of the boot.msg log read-

Symbols match kernel version 2.6.4
No module symbols loaded - kernel modules not loaded

while in v 9.0 the same lines read

Symbols match kernel version 2.4.21
Loaded 194 symbols from 11 moudules?; and

(b) all my 3 computers have AMD CPUs and when I installed v 9.0 on them, the installation automatically installed the Athlon-specific kernel on those computers.

With v9.1 there is only the default kernel - which I presume is Intel-oriented. Why isn't there an Athlon-specific kernel in 9.1?

Cheers.

  • No further messages