keyboard settings and runlevels
  • From: Luca Mollica <luca_mollica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:09:35 +0200
Hi,

after booting my SUSE 9 Pro system into runlevel 3, I have worked on SAX2 as
root, configured my monitor properly and come back to runlevel 5 (all as
root, of course).
But when I have started my KDE, trying o write something in a shell, I have
discovered that mapping of the keyboard was not correct(I don't mean the
letters, but symbols, commas, ec ...). But the set up came back to the
correct settings after I have entered as root and beated

init 5

But this solution was temporary: after rebooting the system, the situation was
the same, with wrong keyboar mapping. The boot log file says that I am really
entering the system with init 5 mode. So, what could be the problem?
YAST tells me I am using the right (italian keyboard), and when I test it I
find the right characters ....

Thanks a lot

LM