Re: [SLE] Re: Has anyone heard about this?
  • From: Stan Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:40:04 -0500
On Wed October 22 2003 7:54 am, James Hatridge wrote:

> Basiclly what I was meaning is everyone else having this problem? If
> not, then what is the problem, maybe the way the system is set up, ie
> video card & screen combo or something else. I don't want to upgrade my
> main system and be cut off from KDE.
>
> And yes, how can I fix this with a system that is off-line, I have a
> couple.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JIM

Ah, well, I guess you will have to get the patch online somehow and then
burn it to CD, floppy, USB memory stick, etc . Transport it to the offline
machine and load it from whatever media. YaST source options for online
update include directory, ftp, http, samba, nfs, cd, dvd.

Those video problems can be caused by the wrong settings, driver install
procedures, etc. Original message mentioned a known X-server bug fix/patch
available ONLINE via YOU so I ass-u-me you'll get it ONLINE and then
sneaker-net it to the offline machines and use YaST to install it.

Stan

< Previous Next >