Re: [SLE] Is Linux Ready?
  • From: talacko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Paul Talacko)
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:39:32 +0100 (GMT)

> You know, I read all of the posts that were written regarding whether or

> I don't want to write HTML in vi. In fact I don't want to ever write
> anything in vi or TeTex. I enjoy a few creature comforts from time to
> time and for the time being it seems that Linux does not yet offer
> enough to compete.

Well, I HATE WYSIWYG HTML editors. The produce rubbish HTML which is
impossible to understand. In fact, when you make the mistake of writing
something in them, you have to go back by hand and change it all.

I use Emacs's html-helper-mode which is good. Not as good as the
PageSpinner on the Mac, and probably not as good as Arachnophilia, but it
is fine.