Re: [SLE] backing up a partition
  • From: scsijon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (scsijon)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:25:41 +1100

Does SuSE have HDGhost or similar available, allows copy (ghosting) of a
partition to another free one including any open files (list created and
added at end) and filestructure/security, you can then tar off without
worries in your tape devices own time, and best of all you can set it's
system loading settings.

I think it origonally came from Berkley in mid/late 86, when I visted there
(company paid). I have it for one of my unix boxes, but it's not linux
capable as is, as what I have is machine specific.

regards
scsijon
ps wish list: allow processor function split in linux, i.e. One looks after
io, another hard drives, another normal cpu functions. Then I can make
better use of my 4xslot1 motherboard (cost nothing as it didn't work for
what it was obtained for).
<suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [SLE] backing up a partition
> Date: Monday, 7 February 2000 16:43
>
> | Keith Warno wrote:
> | >
> | > Hello list.
> | >
> | > Anyone have an idea on how to backup the contents of a _partition_?
I'm