RE: [SLE] backing up a partition
  • From: psims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Paul Sims)
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:49:48 +0000

This might sound like heresy, but it can save your bacon in case of a
totalled disk & get you running again in no time. Norton Ghost (DOS
application) will back up whole disk or partition images to a spare hdd,
zip, SCSI tape drive. In case of disk/partition loss the bitwise image can
be resored with a simple DOS boot disk with a copy of the Ghost executable.
You don't need DOS on your hdds.

<ducks ready for incoming flames>.