Re: [opensuse-wiki] Why is this acceptable?
On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:10:03 -0800
PatrickD Garvey <patrickdgarveyt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you, Christoph, for your complete answers and your patience in
providing them.

Hi Patrick,

no problem, you–and all the others–are welcome.

You say, "I'm sure you know all this already." That's a bad working
assumption. It's good in that it means you respect my intelligence,
but it leaves me without the complete set of information you have
provided here.

Sorry, my bad. Even though I wrote "all this", I meant to refer only to
the wiki maintenance guidelines because I assumed people on this list
know them. I was not referring to all the other stuff I wrote and which
is probably new to everybody but me. That's why explain it in great
detail. If somebody has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I first became interested in openSUSE when I saw a presentation about
openQA at SCaLE 13x in 2015. I'm still, two years later, trying to
understand the project work flow. I would really like to shorten that
two years for those that come behind me.

That's a very noble goal, that I can wholeheartedly support. As someone
who has been around in the Fedora community for over a decade, I still
find many things about openSUSE confusing. Getting new contributors
onboarded quickly is definitely something we should focus on when we
improve the wiki.

Something like a "New Contributors Guide" would be pretty cool to have.
Anybody (with more experience than me) wants to work on that? I would
offer being the guinea pig and ask all the questions newbies have. ;-)

Best regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert <cwickert@xxxxxxx>