Re: [opensuse-wiki] Transferring articles
  • From: Tim Mohlmann <muhlemmer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:14:07 +0200
2010/7/16 pistazienfresser <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>:
On 16/07/10 01:40, Rajko M. wrote:
On Thursday 15 July 2010 05:49:54 jdd wrote:

I didn't understood you want to discourage new contributors and old
ones...

Sincerely, the wiki structure is explained well, and if someone asks about
details we can help, but on the other hand if someone has a problem to
understand:
Main      distro presentation (concepts, software)
SDB       problems and not standard procedures
openSUSE  projects and subprojects
Help      Wiki related stuff
HCL       Hardware related stuff
Archive   Old that we want to keep as reference

Use categories for automatic article tagging.
Use portals to present your topic.
Use templates for easy writing and unified look and feel.

then it is questionable how that person can contribute at all.

It is new view and I know that old contributors will have problem to forget
old stuff first, but in a long run new structure that keeps our activities
separated and offer aid to writers that they did not have before, will
benefit
both, contributors and readers.

Hello List, hello Raiko,
Maybe you (plural) could give an example (with article related
explanation and discussion) for the use of namespaches, categories and
titles/names, see:
http://wiki.opensuse.org/Talk:How_to_set-up_a_HP_printer#Title.2C_Namespace_and_Categories.3F

You already gave the answer yourself in the talk. You can create an
article in the main namespace, about HPLIB, if it comes by default
with openSUSE. This article can describe what is the function of this
program and what are it's possibilities.

Actual setting up a printer config with HPLIB should belong in the SDB
namespace. Eg SDB:Installing HP printer with HPLIB. Maybe there's
something about it in the HCL? And yes, [[Category:Printing]] is nice.
There are 4 articles in it, and I just made it a sub-category of
Category:Hardware

Greetings pistazienfresser

P.S.: What about changing the Email-subject of this sub-tread? Maybe
someone is really looking a way to transfer articles?

This is exactly what I suggested in my last e-mail:

sorry if tghis is not exactly the good thread, But I couldn't think of
a better title :-(

You are right, not the good tread, we are trying to work here with
practical things. If you'd wish to continue this discussion open a new
thread for this: Complaints

Greetings, Tim

- openSUSE profile: https://users.opensuse.org/show/pistazienfresser