[opensuse-wiki] Style Guide / Standard Templates
  • From: Mike Gentry <mike.h.gentry.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:51:39 +0000 (UTC)
Couple of things I'm wondering whether we should standardise or not...

1) File system / filesystem. Probably irrelevant, but it might read nicer
if we pick one and stick with it - and it helps with searches.

2) Linux / Gnu/Linux. Again, probably irrelevant, but has some people up
in arms.

3) Folder / directory. Less irrelevant. I say always use directory,
personally.

Finally, should we maybe compile a list of boilerplate templates, and
eventually one of the wiki team can put them somewhere appropriate near
here http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Templates ?

For example, I'm using;

{{Warning|Editing partitions can cause permanent data loss, and should
only be attempted once all important data on the entire physical disk is
backed up to another physical disk}}

I'm happy to see it improved, if anyone has suggestions - but I figure it
makes no sense to keep rewriting these every time we make a new page on
which they're relevant. Sometimes you need a custom one, definitely, but
a lot of them are generic (and sorry if that's been done - I couldn't see
it...)

Thanks, Mike.