[opensuse-wiki] openSUSE Team(s) finalization
  • From: Shayon Mukherjee <hkwarlock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:55:13 +0530
Hello all ,
This mail is concerned to Andreas previous mail [1].
Its actually a great thing and a must needed task to be accomplished .
And hereby i would like to present my views on this thing to be
performed. The concept is completely the same as Andreas suggested (
also the fedoras join page [2] ) but a different way of showcasing and
performing the task :) .

After having a small discussion with Henne and Remy over the IRC the
following things were thought of ( a bit implemented also ) . AFAIK Remy
has some different plans or ideas and would like to have it here ;) .

So , IMO lets say we have a openSUSE:Teams page [3] , where we would
have the links to the existing Team(s) page in the wiki , with a short
message and a contact link(nothing more needed).So as not to make the
page noisy with all the teams entire description and other details in
one , like the Fedora join page( they actually have only few items and
perform things in that manner).Then the teams Mission Statement , more
contact info ( if needed) , Tasks undertaken and other details to be
provided in the Teams page itself .By this way the new comer or visitor
may find its interesting field and then approach accordingly.

Simple and effective :)This may not be 100% correct , so any opinions ,
comments are most welcome.

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-wiki/2009-12/msg00070.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join
[3] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Teams