Re: [opensuse-wiki] Minutes and AIs - Wiki Team Meeting, December Sunday, 6th
  • From: Shayon Mukherjee <hkwarlock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:07:45 +0530
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday 08 December 2009 13:30:49 Rupert Horstkötter wrote:

We currently have a list of teams that is outdated and does not reflect teams
in the project. I like an approach as it's done by Fedora, a page with lists
teams and a description on what kind of help is needed (
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join ) together with a team page for each team
that consists of some kind of mission statement, communication methods etc.

I propose that the new wiki structure contains also a reworked team structure
so that it's easy for new openSUSE contributors to get engaged with teams.

Hello ,
Well yes ! , that sounds perfectly great ! . And concerned to that , i
started to work on it ( just a start) and had a small discussion with
Rupert & Remy for the same.I have tried to reach the Team through its
Discussion page asking for the necessary details which needs to be
put in to the respective Team page ( so far no response).Also we can
have the concept from the Fedora's approach and rest should be
performed in our own way , like currently i am summarizing the things
in [1] . So now i would like to tell and ask few things regarding the
same and would like to have an effort ( if possible) from every possible
person -

Q 1) Is the way of reaching the Team through its Discussion page fine ?
, Or is it better to ask the Team itself to contact the Wiki Team for
the same ?

Q2 ) What if the Team / Team member doesn't respond ? Any other
alternative way to contact them ?
A 2) I guess , another option would be the ML ?

Q 3)On what basis the Team should be declared outdated ?

4) IMO , its better to have the Mission statement , Contact details ,
etc in the Teams own page . And to just have a re-work on the teams page
[2].What do you feel ?

Thats just the initial part and i guess there may be certain other
things uncleared ( i haven't come across) .So looking forward for the
answers and views :-)

[1] - http://en.opensuse.org/User:Wwarlock/Test_Page2
[2] - http://en.opensuse.org/Teams

Andreas