Re: [opensuse-wiki] Minutes and AIs - Wiki Team Meeting, December Sunday, 6th
  • From: Rupert Horstkötter <rhorstkoetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:10:45 +0100
AJ,

2009/12/15 Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Tuesday 08 December 2009 13:30:49 Rupert Horstkötter wrote:
[...]
4. New wiki structure - Assignee: Henne, Rajko
Henne proposed a new structure for the wiki on the list earlier and
we'll use it within the new instance (maybe with minor adjustments).
Rajko raised some questions at http://en.opensuse.org/User:Rajko_m/wip
and proposed the creation of additional namespaces (openSUSE wiki use
besides distro documentation) .. this is a very valuable idea to
diminish the current mess of content in the wiki. Only valuable
end-user documentation should be delivered to the reader.

We currently have a list of teams that is outdated and does not reflect teams
in the project.  I like an approach as it's done by Fedora, a page with lists
teams and a description on what kind of help is needed (
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join ) together with a team page for each team
that consists of some kind of mission statement, communication methods etc.

I propose that the new wiki structure contains also a reworked team structure
so that it's easy for new openSUSE contributors to get engaged with teams.

This makes sense, I like it! Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE,  aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}