Re: [opensuse-wiki] Minutes and AIs - Wiki Team Meeting, December Sunday, 6th
  • From: Shayon Mukherjee <hkwarlock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 19:44:29 +0530
Rupert Horstkötter wrote:
Team,

6. Guidelines for editors - Assignee: Rupert, Rajko, Remy
The current situation of available documentation on how to edit the
wiki, how to design articles, how to properly use templates and such
is both messed up and hardly accessible for new editors. This
situation at best discourage people to contribute to the wiki and we
urgently need to change this. As discussed and decided earlier in the
process we need Guidelines for editors that are easily accessible at
the new main Portal and that cover the very basics - the document
should be readable in at least 5-10 minutes and the new editor should
know how to get started contributing. Shayon took the time to list
documantation we have in this regard (Help namespace etc.) and
provided an overview at
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Wwarlock/Worklog#Imp_links_over_the_Wiki
The new Guidelines should both give a quick overview and provide an
opportunity to dive into more deatiled information Shayon listed.
Furthermore we need to scan the available documentation we have and
merge, re-work, fine-tune and summarize. The creation of Guidelines is
assigned as team work for the whole wiki team (e.g. Rupert provides
input on QA - Wiki forum), Rajko and Remy are responsible to come up
with an initial draft document everyone else contributes to.

Hello ,
Well over here i would like to come up with something which i feel is
important in preparation of guidelines process.That is a definite work
layout , which will be based on
http://en.opensuse.org/Template:Guidelines ( edition can be made to
it).It would help to carry out the process in a smooth way and would
help everyone know what all is going on and what are to be done.As right
now i can see that Remy has started with guidelines thing and doing a
great job . But that he is busy with other tasks too , so he'll be
contributing to the Article guidelines for the time being.Others
contribute too. And rest other things like openSUSE Weekly news
guidelines , Yast guidelines , Artwork guidelines , etc has to be taken
care of and to be assigned at the same time.

Thus the work layout which i would be preparing will not be totally up
to the mark or in the position to be followed . So here i would ask the
concerned assignees and other wiki team senior members to proof-read and
make further changes to it.And then we can see whether to follow it or
choose any other way for it .
Thanks,

Shayon Mukherjee
openSUSE Wiki Team