Re: [opensuse-wiki] Wiki Transition + Next Meeting
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 18:48:33 -0600
MultiBoilerplate displays a template dropdown when creating a new page
(which contains a list of template pages) and copies the selected
template to the new page.

Details and screenshot on
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MultiBoilerplate

Advantage: available every time a new page is created (not only if a
page is created using the inputbox) - so users would actually use the
page templates ;-)

OK, that is convincing :)
I have couple of them to install, and check how they cooperate.
Of course I better go and update the Mediawiki itself.

Question: does this sound useful for the openSUSE wiki?

As always with a lot of diplomacy :)

On the technical side, this extension didn't cause any problems for me
(even when combined with a graphical editor and SelectCategoryCloud,
which all affect the editing page - loading order matters)

Which is controlled where ?

and predefine prefix of the new article title.

That's the part MultiBoilerplate does not cover.

Demo without instructions that should come before "Create article" is
here: http://en.opensuse.org/User:Rajko_m/wip

The inputbox (still) has the problem that it only works when you are
logged in... However I wonder why - it's not a really complex extension
from the code POV as far as I can see, and replacing a tag should work
independent of the login status.
Funnily it still works after logging out - as long as I don't delete the
cookies...

That is probably why it worked all the time for me.
Thanks for note.

This doesn't mean that the inputbox extension should be dropped, but it
would be worth some time to investigate the problem (if it still exists
in the new wiki).

When on topic new wiki, I've seen updated wiki, but later it disappeared. It
seems that despite PHP 5.25 instead of 5.26 too many things did not work.

I'm sorry that I didn't check release notes earlier, that explain why even
Wikipedia runs the latest "experimental" code.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

--
Regards Rajko,