Re: [opensuse-wiki] Wiki Transition + Next Meeting
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 23:57:21 +0100
Hello,

on Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009, Rajko M. wrote:
Just as a reminder, keep currently installed InputBox.

It can be useful within new article writing help, as it allows to use
some page as a template

"Article templates" is a good keyword ;-) and reminds me to an extension
I use in a customer's wiki: MultiBoilerplate

MultiBoilerplate displays a template dropdown when creating a new page
(which contains a list of template pages) and copies the selected
template to the new page.

Details and screenshot on
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MultiBoilerplate

Advantage: available every time a new page is created (not only if a
page is created using the inputbox) - so users would actually use the
page templates ;-)

Question: does this sound useful for the openSUSE wiki?

On the technical side, this extension didn't cause any problems for me
(even when combined with a graphical editor and SelectCategoryCloud,
which all affect the editing page - loading order matters)

and predefine prefix of the new article title.

That's the part MultiBoilerplate does not cover.

Demo without instructions that should come before "Create article" is
here: http://en.opensuse.org/User:Rajko_m/wip

The inputbox (still) has the problem that it only works when you are
logged in... However I wonder why - it's not a really complex extension
from the code POV as far as I can see, and replacing a tag should work
independent of the login status.
Funnily it still works after logging out - as long as I don't delete the
cookies...

This doesn't mean that the inputbox extension should be dropped, but it
would be worth some time to investigate the problem (if it still exists
in the new wiki).

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
liegt es vielleicht an den lauschigen 34°, die der Prozessor oder sowas
nicht mitmacht? -> Soll ich mit dem Rechner jetzt zum Baggersee rausfah-