Re: [opensuse-wiki] opensuse.org frontpage lift-up/redesign
On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 01:31:15AM +0000, q uestion wrote:
> > What houghi is saying is that you don't put
> > something out there and instantly
> > get a community, a community is something that
> > starts small-ish, and grows.
>
> Dont forget this community was already here.

No, it was not. There was a SUSE community. This is an openSUSE community.

> It was
> formed virtually in many forms by many SuSE users
> helping eachother and SuSE. The start of OpenSuSE did
> not create a new community but gives shape to this old
> virtual community.

I see it differently. Although much overlapping, to me it is a new
comunity. Completely different goals as a comunity. It is as if you go
from a helpdesk that answers only technical questions to a customer
contact center that looks after everything.

the openSUSE community includes the existing community. It is however so
much larger and different that I personaly see it as a complete new
community.

houghi