Re: [opensuse-wiki] opensuse.org frontpage lift-up/redesign
  • From: "Joseph M. Gaffney" <CuCullin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:15:44 -0500
On Friday 24 February 2006 12:09, houghi wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:58:51AM -0500, Joseph M. Gaffney wrote:
> > Read above comment on Novell employees being part of the community.
>
> Thanks for clearifying this. The way the OP wrote it, it sounded as Novell
> is obliged or that the users can demand something from Novell to do about
> the website.
>
> I don't think we can demand anything. We can politely ask and if they
> help, this would be very nice of them to do so.
>
> Somebody else wrote a sort while a go a real good explanation about Novell
> being a part of the (kernel-)comunity. I just can't find it.
>

> houghi

Thats how I took it too (from the OP) - though considering the efforts of
Andreas, Sonja, Henne, etc, etc - how could we not consider them an important
part of the community?

Not only do they contribute as their job demands, but, imho, they all have
gone above and beyond is support of OpenSUSE as a community effort. Should
Novell have assistance available? Sure, but I believe by providing the
framework, they have done just that. They have also worked with vendors to
assure compatibility, apply pressure on software companies to make Linux an
easier transition, and now have even started a podcast.

I'd say they damn well do plenty, and I appreciate that :)

Joseph M. Gaffney
aka CuCullin