Re: [opensuse-wiki] Proposal for the (German) Starting Page
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 02:12:02AM +0100, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I intended to create just a page for the categories of articles available in
> German, yet ended up with something like a start-page.
>
> It uses the arrangement of the German wikipedia frontpage. Since wikipedia has
> been around for some time, people are used to it and I thought there was no
> need to re-invent the wheel.
>
> It is not finished yet, but before I put more effort into it and the page ends
> up being rejected, I wanted to ask whether this looks good as a proposal for
> the German startpage, or whether I should just stick to categories-pages.
>
> http://de.opensuse.org/Startseite

I would say to hold it for now. There should soon be a launch of a
discusion abou the frontpage. Join that discussion when it starts. The
reason is so that all languages have the same layout.

That said, I like it, although there are some things, I would rather see
differently. Will wait for the discussion to start. :-)

houghi