Handling of meetings in the wiki
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 01:58:26 +0100
Hello,

I'd like to suggest some improvements in the handling of meetings in the
wiki.

The current way has 3 pages:
- $date-status-meeting
- $date-status-meeting-minutes
- $date-status-meeting-transcript

I'd like to see only 2 pages:
- $date-status-meeting
- $date-status-meeting-transcript
and have the minutes on the $date-status-meeting page.

Currently, the $date-status-meeting page starts with "This meeting [...]
will be held at $date_in_the_past" (which looks outdated, BTW - change
it to "... was hold at ...").
The page content mostly consists of the Agenda, which is repeated in the
minutes in any case (or even could be removed because the "Contents"
box contains it ;-)

Having the minutes on the $date-status-meeting page would be a more
obvious way. If I open the $date_in_the_past-status-meeting page, I
expect to see a summary of the meeting. Currently, there's just a small
link to the minutes that could be overlooked.
Also, it would save a click ;-)

Another question is if there should be a common namespace for the
meetings like Meetings:status:$date - but that's just a
s/$date-status-meeting/Meetings:status:$date/ and therefore can be
discussed independent of the 3 vs. 2 page question above.

What do you think about my suggestion?

Regards,

Christian Boltz

PS: If there's nobody who has too much time ;-) I will do the changes
in the wiki - but let's discuss if and how it should be done first.
--
Ich springe so oft aus dem Fenster, daß ich ein schnurloses
Telefon habe. [Ratti in suse-linux]

< Previous Next >