Re: [opensuse-web] 13.1 GM
  • From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt <abebe@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:10:01 +0100
Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

Today is GA so we will need a couple of days to go through your points and
discuss them.

On Monday, November 18, 2013 11:56:34 PM Rajko wrote:
On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:04:03 +0100

agustin benito bethencourt <abebe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

there is a lot of work to do between GM and GA (Release day). Please
check the link to see the tasks that need to be done:

* https://progress.opensuse.org/versions/47

As you can see, there are many non-technical tasks too.

https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/854
- update opensuse wiki - (container for specific tasks)

https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/856
- update wiki pages -
http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org redirect to
http://en.opensuse.org/Main_Page which is up to date

http://en.opensuse.org/Development_Version wrong link
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Factory correct link

http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs wrong link
http://en.opensuse.org/Category:Most_annoying_bugs all pages
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Most_annoying_bugs_13.1_dev 13.1
We need page without _dev with current bugs.

http://en.opensuse.org/Template:ReleasesTable wrong link
We don't have such template in a current wiki.

Besides - avoid tables, please. They make life harder and demotivate
people to participate. Only the simplest tables can be used without
adverse effects, and the best is to have only one release in a table.

http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap

http://de.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_kaufen

http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Installation needs update

http://en.opensuse.org/Sysreqs redirect to
http://en.opensuse.org/Hardware_requirements (have no idea is info up
to date)

https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/855
- move 12.3 to archive -

If archive means Archive namespace, then there is no need.

Insisting that Main namespace is presentation of current release
requires huge amount of manual work to move and relink internal links
of all articles about previous release to point to new URL that will
contain prefix Archive. Giving users category "current" is lesser work,
but still a lot of articles have to be edited to add and remove
Category:Current.

We still don't have this solved, and we will not have solution as long
as Main namespace is used only as presentation of current release.

https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/854
We need bot for this.
The reason is number of pages and short time to update.

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
openSUSE Team Lead at SUSE