Re: [opensuse-artwork] Re: [opensuse-web] Missing Timer
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:48:23 +0200
Marguerite Su wrote:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
What's the source url for that image? It says 7 days whereas it's still
8 days. I can't reproduce the different font locally.

The url actually should be this one:
http://counter.opensuse.org/medium-label.tw.png

That one has problems too though, it doesn't render the translated text.

Oh sorry...it's a facebook link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=506054692741318&set=o.219206124765679&type=1&theater

Our Member swyear said it's the output of render.py -l tw

Anyway it's the same problem that fifth legs doesn't support Chinese
characters. so it can only used to render "openSUSE 12.2 linux for
open minds" text and numbers instead of the translated text.

Ah, so the guy rendered it himself. He needs to install fifth-leg-font
to make it look right.
There is indeed some weird hack inside render.py that substitutes
FifthLeg with 'Droid Sans Fallback' but that's currently not used and
not necessary as the .svg file already uses the correct font for the
translated text. Only the 'openSUSE 12.2' banner and the number is
rendered using FifthLeg AFAICT. So false alarm in that regard.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel