Re: [opensuse-web] wiki: create vs. change
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:16:35 -0600
On Wednesday, December 21, 2011 09:34:55 PM Felix Miata wrote:

The wiki menu has "change" and "create" under help, but neither seem to
address what to do about a page that literally does exist, but contains no
content relevant to its title, and no content exists on
http://old-en.opensuse.org/ either. A thread on the opensuse list prompted
me to consider providing content for
/http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Boot_video_modes, but I've never done any more
wiki work than minor edits. This seems like a big hump to get over. Any
suggestions?

Sorry for late response Felix.
Thanks for help with the article that will give our users openSUSE relevant
information on a video modes available during the boot.

First to edit you must be logged in.
Unlike some other wikies, openSUSE has no mechanisam to allow anonymous
editing.

When you want to create page use Create that is located above the article in a
line with SDB, Discussion, etc. That will load the edit page.

Put article text in the edit box, check layout with preview, and when
satisfied, save. Preview and save buttons are below the text input box.

In case that you want to write article online, use Preview relatively often to
refresh session and keep it alive. Session time limit is about 4 hours, so it
is not annoyingly short, but it is pain to resque your text once you are
logged out.

For longer edits I use Firefox extension "Its all text" that allows simple
cooperation of your favorite text editor with a browser. That way if session
ends because I was too long inactive I still have all my work in a safe place.

--
Regards, Rajko