Re: [opensuse-web] Re: openSUSE page User:Cboltz has been changed by Rajko m
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:00:28 -0600
Editor's summary: * Updated user page to the last revision of
[[Template:Userpage]] that corrects few layout problems

Thanks for taking care, but I have two questions/proposals:

I'm at letter D and you are comming with new idea, which is kind of good, as I
could have been much farther :)

1. The initial problem was that the page footer floated between the left
and right box [1]. In other words: we should add a "clear:both" to
the .box-footer class instead of relying on the users to always sum
up the floated content to 100% of the width (which will not work, as
demonstrated ;-)

After a short test with firebug, I tend to change the .box-footer
class. However I'd like to have feedback first because this class is
used everywhere, and I really mean everywhere.
In other words: would adding a "clear:both" break anything?

I would like more to find how to supply page footer with "clear:both" in the
beginning, so that adding any float don't mess whole page below it, as it
happens now.
Since we have new wiki, without "clear:both" we have category tag below last
frame with box-header, box-footer and few more side effects.

2. what about creating two classes "userpage-leftcol" and "userpage-
rightcol" which set the width and float? ;-)

I agree with that in much broader context, not only for user pages, but for
any page. Right now we have single type of box-{header,footer} that has same
margins left and right, wich makes left and right columns separated by double
margin instead single; it doesn't look right.

Also, we have to define size as 70-30 or something else in each page instead
of having few predefined, with ability to override it with "style=".

Having classes for left and right will make easier to create new pages, and to
edit existing, well, we need some regex extension to edit multiple pages, but
with very limited access to it.

Regards, Rajko