Re: [opensuse-web] Relatively short session timeout.
I have upped the timeout value to 6 hours, which will cause this "soft"
timeout after 4 hours of inactivity. I believe this is pretty close to
what we had before. I am going to test this tonight, but the problem
should be fixed now.

I guess that adding warning about session timeout to text that normally appear
in a Edit mode can prevent future problems with contributors caught by
surprise. If there is no objections I'll try to find proper files in Mediwiki
space and add sentence.

I don't see any problem with it, although I don't know if it's necessary. The
wikis have always had a timeout like this, and I am unaware of any complaints
except for this one, and only because the timeout was set to such a low value.
However, I'm willing to concede that we have some very dedicated editors who
may take more than 4 hours on an article :)

By the way, I have confirmed that I stay logged in after an hour of inactivity,
so I think we are good on that issue.

-Matt
< Previous Next >