Re: [opensuse-virtual] What the status of lxc-opensuse ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 21:54:34 +0200
Tony Su wrote:

I've been using LXC extensively on my openSUSE 12.3 for awhile...

1. Why are you running this script and where was it recommended?

Hi Tony

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:LXC#Container_Setup

2. Have you tried simply installing lxc, eg zypper in lxc

Yes, that was one of the steps.

3. I highly recommend installing the YAST LXC applet, and perhaps the
LXC Control Center (I don't really use it... yet)
So to install all including lxc,
zypper in lxc lxcc yast2-lxc

Yeah, this is where I've also ended up sofar.

If your bridge utils aren't installed, install them
zypper in bridge-utils

Before creating a Container, you will need to create a transparent
bridge to access and configure networking, although a standard
documentation describes creating in YAST (which requires classic
ifup/ifdown configuration), I instead highly recommend creating a
bridge using libvirt

Why? (I've already opened a bugreport on yast:network in this respect).

You should then see in YAST a virtualization section and within it vm
manager. Open vm manager, Edit Connection, Virtual Networks tab,
inspect what you have by default and perhaps add a new custom network
with your own specifications.

Okay, I'll have a look.

Now, create your Container referencing your virbr device for
networking (from command line or more easily using the YAST LXC
applet).

If you have more questions, post again but be sure to include the
version of openSUSE you're running.

Apologies, it is difficult to forget that not everyone is in the same
context :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.6°C)