[opensuse-virtual] Re: [opensuse-arm] qemu package split
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 19:17:33 +0200
On Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 18:53:31 wrote Andreas Färber:
Am 23.05.2013 16:17, schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013, 12:06:00 wrote Andreas Färber:
Ever since I've been involved with openSUSE, the qemu package has had an
unusual setup of configuring and building twice: once for the regular
binaries, then moving them to a temporary directory and finally
configuring and building statically for the qemu-linux-user subpackage,
used for arm chroot builds among others.

In our quest to finally unify the kvm and qemu packages, I have updated
the qemu package to 1.5.0 (SR#176307 pending for Factory) and have
subsequently prepared to split the qemu.spec[.in] to build
qemu-linux-user in a separate linked package similar to gcc or kernel:

AFAICS the RPM package name stays the same that way, so armv7/armv5el
should hopefully be unaffected and the change transparent to end users.

A nice side-effect is [...] the dependencies for
qemu-linux-user get significantly less [...].

If I don't hear any objections, I'll accept the changed qemu package
into Virtualization project later today and will setup qemu-linux-user
package there.

sounds good to me :)

Thanks. The qemu package has the following:

# we must not install the qemu package when under qemu build
%if 0%{?qemu_user_space_build:1}
BuildRequires: -post-build-checks

Can you make this please

#!BuildIgnore: post-build-checks

instead. This is the official notion, that one is just working by luck :)

Can we limit this to the qemu-linux-user package now?

Try it, we should see if it fails.

bye
adrian
--