[opensuse-virtual] qemu package split
Hi everyone,

Ever since I've been involved with openSUSE, the qemu package has had an
unusual setup of configuring and building twice: once for the regular
binaries, then moving them to a temporary directory and finally
configuring and building statically for the qemu-linux-user subpackage,
used for arm chroot builds among others.

In our quest to finally unify the kvm and qemu packages, I have updated
the qemu package to 1.5.0 (SR#176307 pending for Factory) and have
subsequently prepared to split the qemu.spec[.in] to build
qemu-linux-user in a separate linked package similar to gcc or kernel:

AFAICS the RPM package name stays the same that way, so armv7/armv5el
should hopefully be unaffected and the change transparent to end users.

A nice side-effect is that we can limit the SLE_11_SP2 build breakage to
qemu-linux-user package (BNC#820754: SLE_11_SP2 is missing a glibc
maintenance update for static builds). Also the dependencies for
qemu-linux-user get significantly less and no *-static deps for qemu.

If I don't hear any objections, I'll accept the changed qemu package
into Virtualization project later today and will setup qemu-linux-user
package there.

For Factory this is a heads-up that we will require to copy/setup the
additional qemu-linux-user package once we've tidied up and submit the
package split to Factory at some future point towards 13.1.

Further 13.1 work still under discussion is to create further
subpackages inside qemu so that the kvm package won't need to depend on
mips etc. emulation binaries.

Regards,
Andreas