Re: [opensuse-virtual] xendomains starts domains although xenstore is not started on opensuse 12.3
Olaf Hering wrote:
On Fri, Mar 15, Dieter Bloms wrote:

Hi,

I've installed opensuse 12.3 as dom0 and after a reboot my first three
domUs don't start.

In the logfile /var/log/messages I see the following messages, which let
me assume, that xendomains is started (16:34:27) even xenstore has
finished starting (16:34:30).

So what can I do to let xendomains start after xenstore has finished
starting ?

There are two bugs:
One is that systemd appearently does not handle the dependency of
"xenstored xenconsoled" in /etc/init.d/xendomains, which is provided in
/etc/init.d/xencommons.

As a side note, IMO the xendomains script should also depend on
$network, since the domains it starts probably need networking.

Jim

The second one, likely unrelated to this, is that /etc/init.d/xend also
lacks the RequiredStart: xenstored xenconsoled, and xendomains should
probably also depend on xend.

If you do these modifications, does xendomains start after xend?

Olaf