Re: [opensuse-virtual] qemu-kvm question
On 11/29/2012 at 12:52 PM, Michael Hill <mdhillca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask... I'm attempting to boot
OSTree:

https://live.gnome.org/OSTree/GnomeOSTree

...using the QEMU method. It works on Fedora using this command line:

qemu-kvm -vga vmware -cpu core2duo -M pc-0.15 -kernel
/boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r) -initrd /boot/initramfs-ostree-$(uname
-r).img -hda ostree-qemu.img -m 1024M -vga vmware -append
'rd.plymouth=0 root=/dev/sda ostree=current ' -monitor stdio

I'd prefer to get it running on openSUSE so I can take it on my
laptop. It fails with this error:

(qemu) Could not initialize SDL(No available video device) - exiting

Is there an easy way to diagnose this?

Thanks,

Mike

Are you remotely logged into a system using ssh?
You would need to use ssh -X ...

If that's not the issue, check the value of the DISPLAY environment
variable. That needs to be valid.

Bruce