Re: [opensuse-virtual] Novell-compatible make world for Xen
  • From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:16:46 +0100
xen.spec is telling you how we build hypervisor and tools (without the 2.6.18
kernel ot anything else) - perhaps you want to use this for reference?

Jan

"John McDermott (U.S. Navy Employee)" <john.mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
15.09.09 17:41 >>>
We are building a security oriented hypervisor based on the openSUSE
11.1 Xen source code. If we run "make world" using that source, make
goes after the linux-2.6.18-xen.hg source code. We can figure a way
around this by ourselves, but we would like to do it in a way that
remains compatible with the Novell approach. Is there any
documentation on how to do this, so that we don't create a problem by
defining yet another build approach? Just downloading the openSUSE Xen
source RPM apparently does not give us anything but the conventional
Xen Makefile that wants to phone home.

Sincerely,

John
----
What is the formal meaning of the one-line program
#include "/dev/tty"

J.P. McDermott building 12
Code 5542 mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Naval Research Laboratory voice: +1 202.404.8301
Washington, DC 20375, US fax: +1 202.404.7942