Re: [opensuse-virtual] Updating a OpenSuse 11.0 DomU to OpenSuse11.1 problem
  • From: Jörg Spilker <js@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:29:19 +0100
Jason Douglas schrieb:

As long as your /tmp/kernel.xen / initrd.xen are the same files as
these, we're on the same path. If not, then that's your first problem.

i used the actual OpenSUSE 11.1 kernel from the running system (and not
the original distribution). But will check if this is the reason.

I saw this as well. When the installation program began, I selected
update, and on the "Select for Update" screen, I clicked "Show All
Partitions". I then selected /dev/xvda1, and clicked Next.

well, see what happens here. /dev/xvda1 doesn´t show up on my last try
(and why should it as the disk isn´t partioned. I created on ext3
filesystem on the lvm container without further partitiong.

But i´ll try again with a original 11.1 kernel.

Greeting, Jörg