Re: [opensuse-virtual] Problems withXen-installationresp.configuration
  • From: "Jason Douglas" <jdouglas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:31:14 -0600
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 1:12 PM, in message
<20080520191243.276270@xxxxxxx>,
<gildo.rex@xxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to use German keyboard layout, which I implemented in system
settings. On physical machines and on VMware machines it works. But in the
Xen VMs, the VMs ignore the setting. Instead I have another layout, where 'z'
and 'y' is changed - but it's not an american layout, so I don't know which
layout is active.
At the moment it doesn't harm me, as I'm connecting via PuTTY, but I'd like
to know how to get a German layout working?

In order for a German keyboard layout to work, you'll need to set the default
keyboard map in the xend config file: /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp. If you scroll
to the bottom of the file, you'll see

#(keymap 'en-us')

Just uncomment that line and change 'en-us' to the correct code for your layout
('de', I think). Then, restart xend (/etc/init.d/xend restart). Once that's
done, any guest booted from that point forward will be presented with a german
keyboard layout, so you'll need to configure the guest OS with the correct
layout as well.

p.s.: the next step is to get a openVZ-system working. I hope I can get great
support like in that issue.

That support is going to have to come from somewhere else. My expertise is in
Xen. :)

Jason