Re: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations
  • From: jcsl <trcs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 13:08:49 +0200
Hi.

El miércoles, 3 de julio de 2019 10:56:09 (CEST) Ancor Gonzalez Sosa escribió:
On 7/2/19 11:56 PM, Javier Llorente wrote:
"Cancel" still appears as "Abortar." See the bottom of the following
screenshots:

openSUSE Leap 15.1 (installer)
https://paste.opensuse.org/view//10ae858f

The label for that button in English is "Abort" (correctly translated to
"Abortar"), not "Cancel" as you seem to assume. See the English version.

https://paste.opensuse.org/view//78866698

Or did I miss your point?

We had it already translated by "cancelar" and it was changed without any
advise. "Cancelar" is what we have been using since it is the translation that
we have agreed to in the glossary¹. The use of "abortar" instead of "cancelar"
looks strange to me because "cancelar" is used much more than "abortar" in any
Spanish translation I've ever seen. I really can't remember having seen
"abortar" in any of the programs that I usually use other than YaST. That
said, I don't mind using one or the other, but I think that the translation
should always be the same to be consistent.

[1] https://es.opensuse.org/Traducci%C3%B3n/Glosario

Greetings.